Best Places To Live: Saint Charles, MO
Located just northwest of St. Louis, St. Charles is a beautiful riverfront city full of unique history. St. Charles was founded as Les Petites Cotes (The Little Hills) in 1769 by French Canadian fur trader Louis Blanchette. The charming city soon grew into a thriving trade center for young America. Today, over 65,000 people call St. Charles home. Packed with historic architecture, beautiful sites, and friendly people, St. Charles is the perfect place to call home!
Read on to learn more about life in charming St. Charles!
Things to Do In St. Charles
So much to do, so much to see! Saint Charles is known for its Historic Main Street, specialty stores, beautiful parks, delicious local restaurants, and various recreation facilities.
- Take a stroll down Historic Main Street to shop and get a taste of the local restaurants
- Visit historical attractions like the Lewis and Clark Boat House and Museum, Foundry Art Centre, First Missouri State Capitol Historic Site, and many more
- Attend the myriad of annual riverfront festivals and holiday celebrations
- Walk, run, or ride the 240 mile Katy Trail
- Hike, bike, swim, fish, picnic and play in one of St. Charles’ 26 city parks
- Enjoy dining & entertainment at The Streets of St. Charles
- Try your luck at the Ameristar Casino or unwind in style in its Resort Spa
- Go antique shopping and stop for lunch in the Frenchtown Historic District
- Discover world class retail, dining, recreation and entertainment in the surrounding areas in St. Charles County
- & MORE!
Education In St. Charles
While the City of St. Charles is served by the St. Charles School District, the area also offers a wide assortment of private and secondary education options.
- Campbell Montessori School (Toddler through Age 12)
- Immanuel Lutheran School (Kindergarten through 8)
- St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School (Kindergarten through 8)
- St. Cletus Catholic School (Kindergarten through 8)
- St. Elizabeth St. Robert Regional School (Kindergarten through 8)
- The Academy of the Sacred Heart (Pre-Kindergarten through 8)
- Duchesne High School (9 through 12)
- Lutheran High School (in neighboring St. Peters)
Colleges & Universities
- Lindenwood University
- St. Charles Community College
Convenient Location for Ease of Living
St. Charles’ location is another feature that makes it such a sought-after town. With easy access to West St. Louis County and Downtown St. Louis, you can find commuting a breeze from St. Charles.
- 15 minutes from Lambert International Airport
- 30 minutes from Downtown St. Louis
- 2 hours and 30 minutes from Lake of the Ozarks
- 3 hours from Kansas City
- 4 hours from Chicago
Interested in calling St. Charles home?
Fischer & Frichtel is currently building two new home communities there, including The Manors at Elmhaven and The Villages of Provence. The Manors at Elmhaven is a master-planned community which is located off Elm Street and tucked into a tree-lined perimeter within an established residential community. Its quiet, hilltop location is just moments from Hwy 370, Historic Main Street and I-70, and conveniently located near and a wealth of restaurants, shops, parks and recreation amenities. The Villages of Provence is located in the heart of St. Charles, adjacent to Blanchette Park, with convenient access to MO-370, I-270 and I-70.
Both communities feature Fischer & Frichtel’s Manor Collection of ranch, 1.5-story and 2-story floor plans ranging from 1,302 – 2,904 square feet with 2-car garages. A 3-car garage option is available at The Manors at Elmhaven. These homes feature open flexible living spaces, designer kitchens and spacious owner’s suites. Each floor plan has a collection of customization options, including finished lower levels, decks, patios, and fences.
At Fischer & Frichtel, we value the relationships we have built with 20,000+ St. Louis families and counting! Our homeowners love our variety of amenity-packed award-winning communities throughout St. Louis and St. Charles Counties. Our communities are strategically placed in the area’s most sought-after locations for convenience and ease of living. Please visit our newest communities in St. Charles – The Manors at Elmhaven & The Villages of Provence.