Best Places To Live: Eureka, MO
Eureka is often referred to as the Gateway to the Missouri Ozarks because of its rolling hills and status as an expansion city for the early settlers. Eureka provides an array of citywide nature trails, paths and waterways located throughout more than 164 acres of parks and public land, including a state park — Route 66 State Park, and four conservation areas. Conveniently located along Interstate 44, just 20 minutes west of downtown St. Louis, Eureka is the perfect place to call home!
Things To Do In Eureka
- Hike, swim, picnic and play throughout Eureka’s hundreds of acres of parks
- Take a stroll through downtown Eureka to shop and get a taste of the local restaurants and pubs
- Attend unique festivals that are sprinkled throughout the Eureka annual calendar
- Hop on a roller coaster at Six-Flags for the adrenaline rush of your life
- Enjoy fun for the whole family at Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park camp and resort
- Enjoy numerous seasonal activities at Brookdale Farms
- Hit the Slopes at Hidden Valley Ski Resort
- Ride or hike the myriad of trails for hikers at Eureka Mountain Bike Park
- Play a round of golf at Eureka’s 4 golf courses
- & MORE!
Education In Eureka
The City of Eureka is located within the award-winning Rockwood School District. The Rockwood School District has been awarded the “Distinction in Performance” award by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and a “Gold Medal” rating from Expansion Management Magazine. Eureka is also home to two private elementary schools, many preschools, and mom’s day out programs. In addition to the outstanding local elementary, middle and high schools, Eureka is within easy driving distance of many technical schools, two-year and four-year colleges and universities.
Convenient Location for Ease of Living
Conveniently located along I-44, you can find commuting a breeze from Eureka.
- 30 minutes from Lambert International Airport
- 20 minutes from Downtown St. Louis
- 2 hours and 30 minutes from Lake of the Ozarks
Interested in living in Eureka? Build your dream home in Windswept Farms! Located at Highway 109 and W, this 174-acre master-planned community is full of onsite amenities, including lakes with fountains, a barn-style community pavilion, community gardens, and lots of common ground.
Choose from our Cottage Collection or detached villa-style single family homes, ranging from 1,090-2,113 square feet. Perfectly sized and quality-built to Fischer & Frichtel’s exacting standards, these homes include open main floor living areas, spacious bedrooms and 2-car garages.
At Fischer & Frichtel, we value the relationships we have built with 20,000+ St. Louis families and counting! Our homeowners love our variety of amenity-packed award-winning communities throughout St. Louis and St. Charles Counties. Our communities are strategically placed in the area’s most sought-after locations for convenience and ease of living, including our community in Eureka – Windswept Farms!